200 Hour YA Teacher Training
Who you study with is important! Your 200 Teachers Training lays the foundation for your teaching career. Shelly has an excellent reputation for training and cultivating exceptional teachers. In 8 weekends Shelly will guide you through a combination of lectures and workshops where you will have the opportunity to learn through observation, experience and homework.
• Advance your study of asana (including proper alignment, benefits, and contraindications of the physical postures)
• Understand the principles of anatomy and body mechanics
• Explore the science and art of sequencing
• See and interpret how energy moves through the body
• Use props to improve or modify a posture
• Cultivate your voice, both as a teacher and as an individual
• Build confidence through practice teaching
• Gain a broader understanding of yoga history and philosophy
• Learn and define the Sanskrit names of postures
Prerequisite 6-12 months of a consistent yoga practice. Must be at least 16 years old.